It is now official on the 15th of December 2017 Geoscience Australia and the Intergovernmental Committee on Survey and Mapping (ICSM) launched the new GDA2020 datum.
In support of the new Australian datum, the following tools and resources have also been released by Geoscience Australia and ICSM:
· the ICSM GDA2020 Technical Manual;
· additional ICSM datum modernisation Fact Sheets;
· GDA94 to GDA2020 Transformation Grids;
· Geoscience Australia’s GDA94 to GDA2020 Online Transformation Service; and
· AUSGeoid2020 to convert GDA2020 ellipsoid heights to the Australian Height Datum.
So what does this mean for the ArcGIS product suite? Well from ArcGIS Pro 2.1 and ArcGIS 10.6 onwards all state, territory and national projections that incorporate the GDA2020 datum are supported.