To determine the enterprise geodatabase version you are using:
- Right-click the database connection in the Catalog pane and click Properties.
- Expand the Upgrade Status section
- The Upgrade Status indicates the geodatabase version you are using.
- If the Upgrade Status indicates that the geodatabase matches the ArcGIS release you are using, your geodatabase is compatible with your ArcGIS release, and you do not need to upgrade the geodatabase.
- If system tables or stored procedures need to be upgraded, the text will state that your geodatabase can be upgraded and the Run Upgrade button will be active.