Do you want to improve routing efficiency within your business, with requirements to minimise costs, accessibility high to maximise profit and maintain a high quality of service?
If the answer is ‘yes’, Esri Australia has an exciting 2-day course in which you will acquire the skills needed to use the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension to assist with the above.
I recently had the privilege of teaching this course for a NSW client. They had a need to learn about the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension to help improve the routing of their extensive fleet of vehicles, in particular their trucks. For example, ensuring routing decisions considered height, weight and length restrictions when routing from source to consumer. Subsequently, pushing routes and directions directly to field and mobile crew to ensure correct route decisions. With the added value of decreasing fuel costs and efficient time management.
After attending this course you will have a thorough understanding of network datasets and the functionality of the Network Analyst solvers, namely:
- Understand fundamental concepts of the ArcGIS Network Dataset
- Create network datasets
- Define network dataset properties such as connectivity groups, connectivity policies and network attributes
- Solve routing, closest facility, service area problems
- Create origin destination matrices and use the vehicle routing problem and location-allocation solvers
- Perform network routing using tools and models
If you would like to know more, please check out our Esri Australia Training site. I look forward to seeing you soon on one of the courses.