Welcome to the new licensing model for ArcGIS Pro 1.2. With the recent release of ArcGIS Pro 1.2 users can now choose which license model they wish to use to authorize ArcGIS Pro. Your organisation can now choose between the default Named User model, or you can now convert your ArcGIS Pro entitlements to Single Use or Concurrent Use licenses.
As most ArcGIS users know, with a new release comes new functions and ArcGIS Pro 1.2 is no different. Many of you know that ArcGIS Pro 1.x has been managed using either ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS to allocate licenses to a Named Users. With ArcGIS Pro 1.2 users are now able to convert their ArcGIS Pro license from a Named User to either a Single Use or Concurrent Use license.
Below is the workflow for converting your ArcGIS Pro Licenses.
Step 1: Ensure your license has been revoked in ArcGIS Online. This ensure that My Esri will recognize that your license is free and eligible for conversion.
Step 2: Log into My Esri and navigate to your Licensing information. Under the licensing tab on the left-hand side their is an updated function called ‘ ArcGIS Pro Licensing Allocation.’ This is the form you will complete in order to convert your license.
Step 3: In the ArcGIS Pro License Allocation Form, specify the number of Named Users you wish to convert, the License level and extensions. remember that this will match your ArcGIS for Desktop entitlements, so if you only have a Desktop Basic and Spatial Analyst extension, you will only be able to convert an ArcGIS Pro basic and ArcGIS Pro Spatial Analyst License. Once you have outlined the quantities and License click, ‘Convert.’
The conversion request will be sent to Esri Inc. and an authorization code will be generated. Please note that it will take up to 1 hour for a License Key code to appear in My Esri.
Step 4: Once you have generated your ArcGIS Pro license key code, you are ready to authorize your software. To authorize a license keycode in ArcGIS Pro, open the application and navigate to the Licensing Information ( About ArcGIS Pro -> Licensing OR Project Tab-> Licensing). Scroll to the bottom of the license page and select ‘ Configure your licensing options.’
A new panel will open and from the drop-down menu select the appropriate licensing method; Named User, Concurrent Use or Single-Use. Once you select either Single Use or Concurrent Use you will be prompted to complete the authorization wizard and either enter in your Single Use license key code OR connect to your License Manager.
Things to note prior to converting your ArcGIS Pro License:
- ArcGIS Pro concurrent Use license will need to be on an ArcGIS License Server Administrator version 10.4 or higher.
- You must be eligible for ArcGIS version 10.4 in order to access the ArcGIS Pro License Allocation Tab in My Esri.
- Once your License has been converted to a Concurrent-Use or Single-Use license, you are unable to convert back to a Named User.
- Users who have purchased Home-Use License or EDN subscriptions will not be able to convert their licenses.
- License conversion options are based on your ArcGIS for Desktop license i.e. if you only have Single Use desktop license, you can only convert to a Single Use ArcGIS Pro License