So there has been a new release of ArcGIS Pro and you want to update to the latest version so you can begin using all the new tools and tricks. However, when you access the licensing window within ArcGIS Pro you are met with a similar sight to the below.
The Esri update service is temporarily unavailable – what does this mean??
ArcGIS Pro cannot automatically check for an update while you are running ArcGIS Pro on a checked out license (offline mode). The resolution to this is to return your checked out license and run ArcGIS Pro with your ArcGIS Online sign in and licensing portal.
- Open the licensing menu from the project tab in ArcGIS Pro
- Un-check the ‘Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline’ box *
- You will then be prompted to sign into ArcGIS Online
- Once you have signed in, you can now download the update from the About menu from the Project tab
* If you find that the box is greyed out in step two, you will need to go through the below steps.
- Select the portals menu from the Project tab
- Right click your http://www.arcgis.com/ portal connection and select either sign in or sign out
- If you had to sign out in step 2, repeat the process again and sign into ArcGIS Online
- Go back to the Licensing tab, wait ~ 5 seconds, you can now un-check the ‘Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline’ box
Some further resources that have been published on this topic:
Step Four – http://blogs.esri.com/esri/supportcenter/2014/12/19/arcgis-pro-six-tips-to-get-you-started/
Authorise Pro to work offline – http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/view-software-licenses.htm
How to apply ArcGIS Pro software updates – http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2015/05/04/how-to-apply-arcgis-pro-software-updates/