TADAAH! The Geodatabase Toolset (GDBT) for ArcCatalog.
It will help troubleshoot, monitor and investigate ArcSDE geodatabases including:
- Connected users to the geodatabase that are locking schemas
- A diagram of the Version state tree lineage *see GDBT screen grab above*
- Detailed information of a features class spatial index
- The total number of rows in the add & delete tables
- Parent-child relationships between versions for version management
- Table and Index Statistics for geodatabase stored in an Oracle database
The GDBT is a popular unsupported extension to ArcGIS Desktop.
It provides a toolset that works with geodatabases the Esri supported RDBMS databases:
- SQL Server
NOTE: The GDBT is an “unsupported” extension so Esri Technical Support is unavailable.
v9.3/v9.3.1 GDBT Highlights:
- Works on both ArcGIS 9.3 and 9.3.1 clients, with both 9.3 and 9.3.1 ArcSDE geodatabases.
- Many of the tools (including the version lineage tool) will work on all supported ArcSDE geodatabase DBMS platforms: DB2, Informix, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, & SQL Server Express.
- The GDBT functionality in ArcCatalog and ArcMap have been split into 2 separate installs. Currently, only the ArcCatalog functionality is available for 9.3/9.3.1; the ArcMap functionality is planned to be available in a forthcoming release.